Computer Technician needed to work part-time for busy repair shop in Delaware County. We are looking for a qualified Computer Technician to install, maintain and repair computers and networks. As a computer technician you must be well-versed in computer systems and network functions. The ideal candidate will be able to work diligently and accurately and will possess a great problem-solving ability in order to fix issues and ensure functionality. Must have experience in virus removal, hardware and software troubleshooting. A+ certification is preferred. We are seeking friendly technicians who are patient when communicating with novice/inexperienced customers about their technology needs. We cannot spend time training someone on the simple basics. We are only interested in bringing on repair technicians who are knowledgeable with current technology trends, and capable of handling a wide range of computer and technology hardware/software related problems. Must have own car and driver’s license. Salary based on experience.
- Install hardware and configure software and drivers
- Installing, repairing, cloning and upgrading operating systems.
- Email setup, migration, configuration.
- Maintain and repair technological equipment or peripheral devices.
- Install well-functioning LAN/WAN and other networks and manage components.
- Printer installation and configuration, including Network driver deployment.
- Diagnose computers (hardware, software, performance), cleaning up junkware/bloatware, removing viruses/malware; restoring OS health.
- Architect and deploy enterprise networks (wired and wireless) using Ubiquiti hardware; Gateways, Switches, AP’s, etc.
- Must not be afraid to do physical labor such as cabling, climbing a ladder and using power tools.
- Proven experience in the IT field
- Experience with LAN/WAN networks
- Knowledge of computer systems and IT components
- Excellent troubleshooting skills is a MUST
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Detail oriented technician
- Proactive in problem solving
- Ability to manage a project from start to finish
- Multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Organizing and time-management skills
- Relevant certifications (e.g. CompTIA A+, Network+) is preferred but not mandatory.
Job Type: Part-time
Send resume to email@example.com